Dr. King is a graduate of the University of Nebraska’s Clinical Psychology Ph.D. program. She provides therapy and assessment services for Children, Adolescents, and Adults. Her approach focuses on the assessment, accurate diagnosis, and treatment of mental health disorders using evidence-based techniques. She is trained in an assortment of evidence-based approaches and she has experience providing therapy through telehealth. The particular therapeutic approach she utilizes with a client is dependent upon the client’s presenting problem, research supporting the effective treatments for the problem considering the presenting client’s characteristics, and client preferences for treatment.
Here is a sample of the various treatment techniques that Dr. King utilizes in therapy:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Behavioral Activation
- Brief Motivational Interventions
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Family Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Parent Management Training
- Prolonged Exposure
- Relapse Prevention
- Seeking Safety
Dr. King conducts evaluations the following types of evaluations for both children and adults:
- Psychological Evaluations to determine an accurate diagnosis (e.g., Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Personality Disorders, Schizophrenia, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder) and provide treatment recommendations.
- Evaluations ordered by court or probation
- Neurodevelopmental Evaluations (e.g., Autism, ADHD, Intellectual or Learning Disabilities)
- Substance Use Evaluations
- Substance Use & Co-occurring mental health disorders
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (e.g., Autism, ADHD)
She also has experience providing treatment for veterans and conducting compensation & pension exams.
- Nebraska Total Care
- UHC Community Plan
- Midland’s Choice
- Golden Rule
- American Behavioral
If your plan is not listed, please call the office to determine whether Dr. King is an in-network provider for your insurance.
Office Location and Contact Information:
3801 Union Dr Ste 206 Lincoln, NE 68516 (Near Williamsburg Hy-Vee)
Phone: (402) 489-2218
Fax: (402) 489-3666
Hours range from 9 am – 6 pm, Monday-Friday